Speaking of Coffee

I love coffee. Good coffee. Finding it is like an on-going quest for me. The best place to get coffee in Manassas has been destroyed. Mikes Diner. It was torn down and replaced by a bank.

And so the quest continues.

All the new yuppie coffee shops are out. Starbucks has ruined the true Zen coffee experience for me. I don't want to pay a mint for coffee. I do not want to stand in a line. I don't want a paper cup. I don't want to pay another mint for refills. I don't want to have to serve my self!

Am I so spoiled?!

At Mikes, for a dollar, I could get a coffee AND a News Paper. It would be served by a pleasant waitress that usually called me "Hon". It would be served in a mug. A magic bottomless mug. I could sit for an hour and read the paper and drink fabulous coffee until my bladder was about to bust.

When BR lived in Manassas, on the other side of Mikes, I would stop there to kill time.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I have gone way far far over to the Starbucks side. So far over that I get the shakes if I'm less than a few miles from one.