Too Much Death for a Sunday


My friend Char's mom died on New Years Day. I went to her funeral today. I had never met her. I was there to support Char, but still it's sad. I spent a lot of time today thinking about my own parents, missing them, thinking of my kids.

On top of that my brother Carl (of Little Troll fame) called me yesterday to tell me his ex-wife Bonnie was found dead in her bed on Saturday morning.

When people die, people I know, people I have laughed with, ate and drank with, people I have hugged, people whose homes I have slept in, I always feel... empty.

I can't say I knew Bonnie very well any more. We were friends in the days when Carl lived on a boat. In days when we never worried if we had too much sun or beer. I have not seen her much in the last ten years, since my mom died. I can't even say I liked her too much, for the things that happened between her and my brother. Now she's gone.

--Another voice I'll never hear again. Hugs to you Bro. Sigh...

No comments: