Cars and Karma

So I bought another car today. As I was driving home from the dealership I was thinking about how I seem to measure and mark the passing of my life by the cars I drive.

My 1970 Dodge Dart was Freedom made real. My Pinto was a folly. My Cavilers payments lasted twice as long as my first marriage. My Volvo Wagon drove me back from the edge of despair. My Mazda pickup was a harbinger. My Saab was soaked in pain and my Astro full of laughter and magic.

That brings me to my 2000 Saturn.

Its a simple car, an automatic and easy on my knee. It has room for four comfortably. It has a nice stereo and it fills it with music. It goes a long way on a gallon of gas. Its gold.

This car will see me get married for the last time. I will teach my daughter to drive in this car. I will tell Brenda I Love her several thousand times in this car. As it drives us into the future what will this car be soaked in?

...Inner peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish someone loved me like that.

Anonymous said...

I thought you wanted a Mini Cooper?

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember you driving Eric's Vega a few times too. To the Drive-In, I think. Aaah, those were the days!